Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 6 resetting cable modem when connected to wifi

My cable modem, which provides wifi and Ethernet connections, completely resets whenever I use wifi on my iPhone 6. The iPhone seems to connect fine.

Other facts:

-several wifi devices including iPads work flawlessly

-Ethernet connected devices also lose connectivity when the iPhone is used for anything significant in wifi

-The modem resets completely, all lights off for upwards of a few minutes.

-turning off wifi for a night on the iPhone and all issues go away until the wifi returns and the phone is used.

-phone seemed issue free before latest update

-Waiting on replacement modem.

-have tried both the 2.4GHz wifi network and 5GHz wifi.

After reading other questions on the forum this seems to be a recurring issue.

Thanks.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 7:19 PM

Does this wi-fi issues on the iPhone 6 show up when connecting to other wi-fi networks, or just yours? If your ISP provides the modem, check with them about troubleshooting it. It sounds like it might be an interference issue, but I'm thinking it is a problem with the modem that is causing it to reset, and it looks like you already have a replacement enroute.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2021 7:19 PM in response to peterfromsouth lancaster

Does this wi-fi issues on the iPhone 6 show up when connecting to other wi-fi networks, or just yours? If your ISP provides the modem, check with them about troubleshooting it. It sounds like it might be an interference issue, but I'm thinking it is a problem with the modem that is causing it to reset, and it looks like you already have a replacement enroute.

IPhone 6 resetting cable modem when connected to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.