Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

live wallpaper

how do i get the live wallpaper to work? i’ve done everything and made sure it was just my lock screen, it was a live and it was turned on, lower power mode was off, and everything and it just won’t work. it works in my camera roll tho, just not for my lock screen.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 9:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2021 10:25 PM

Set a Live Photo as wallpaper for the Lock Screen

1. Go to Settings > Wallpaper > Choose a New Wallpaper.
  2. Do one of the following: Tap Live, then choose a Live Photo. Tap your LivePhotos album, then choose a Live Photo (you may need to wait for it to download).
  3. Tap Set, then choose Set Lock Screen or Set Both.

Change the wallpaper on iPhone - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2021 10:25 PM in response to hannahuggies

Set a Live Photo as wallpaper for the Lock Screen

1. Go to Settings > Wallpaper > Choose a New Wallpaper.
  2. Do one of the following: Tap Live, then choose a Live Photo. Tap your LivePhotos album, then choose a Live Photo (you may need to wait for it to download).
  3. Tap Set, then choose Set Lock Screen or Set Both.

Change the wallpaper on iPhone - Apple Support

Apr 11, 2021 4:26 PM in response to SravanKrA

With all due respect, this doesn’t address the issue. Here’s what specifically is the issue:

I have a Live Photo I like. So I follow the steps that would enable it to be a Live Photo on my Lock Screen. It all appears good, so I save it, wait for it to save, then lock my iPhone 12, IOS 14.4

when I go to use the live wallpaper, it suddenly offsets the entire video to the right, sometimes completely off the screen.

note: the large black bar on the left, indicating the feature is not functioning correctly. It varies in size, depending on the Live Photo chosen.

live wallpaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.