Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto events transfer to new laptop

Hi, I bought a new mac book pro, I have an old one to. I have transfered most of the files using a thunderbolt cable. The ones photos that haven't move over are the Iphoto events in iphotos any idea how to transfer these over?

thanks

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 2:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 3:02 AM

Have you been using iPhoto or Photos on your old Mac? iPhoto cannot run on MacOS 12.2.

If you have been using iPhoto, try to open your iPhoto Library in Photos.

• Launch Photos while holding down the options key, until you are seeing the Library Chooser dialog. Select your iPhoto Library.

The iPhoto Events should appear as a folder in the list of albums in the sidebar under "My Albums".

Or, if you already have been using Photos for Mac, make sure you have transferred the correct Photos Library from your old Mac.

• Quit Photos, if it is running, then double click the copy of your Photos Library on the new Mac.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2021 3:02 AM in response to Sheena6969

Have you been using iPhoto or Photos on your old Mac? iPhoto cannot run on MacOS 12.2.

If you have been using iPhoto, try to open your iPhoto Library in Photos.

• Launch Photos while holding down the options key, until you are seeing the Library Chooser dialog. Select your iPhoto Library.

The iPhoto Events should appear as a folder in the list of albums in the sidebar under "My Albums".

Or, if you already have been using Photos for Mac, make sure you have transferred the correct Photos Library from your old Mac.

• Quit Photos, if it is running, then double click the copy of your Photos Library on the new Mac.

Iphoto events transfer to new laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.