Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

touch bar went black out!

when i updated my macbook pro 13'' 2019 model to big sur 11.2.3 the touch bar is not working anymore and all the settings related to the touch bar is not present what can i do please help

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 10:35 AM

Thanks.

Sometimes software wise, starting up in safe mode may help. This includes 2 restarts.

Startup in Safe Mode. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201262

Hardware wise, resetting SMC may help.

Reset  SMC:   How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support   Choose the appropriate method.

Contact Apple Support

"Need more help? Save time by starting your support request online and we'll connect you to an expert."

Get started 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2021 10:35 AM in response to ZintainUSA

Thanks.

Sometimes software wise, starting up in safe mode may help. This includes 2 restarts.

Startup in Safe Mode. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201262

Hardware wise, resetting SMC may help.

Reset  SMC:   How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support   Choose the appropriate method.

Contact Apple Support

"Need more help? Save time by starting your support request online and we'll connect you to an expert."

Get started 

Mar 30, 2021 10:07 AM in response to dominic23

From what I understood in the question, that is the point, they are saying that they are missing and that is why they posted them on here to show that they were missing.

I would suggest getting in touch with Apple Support and let them know what you have going on. They may be able to help you, but I imagine that they are going to have you take the computer in to have it looked at. I don't know why it is doing that other than maybe something went wrong during the update or there was some underlying hardware failure that just had perfect timing in that it went out when the update was going through. Again, get in touch with Apple support and have them walk you through some things that you can try.

touch bar went black out!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.