Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When trying to draw an arrow or line, I get the blue dots for aligning the arrow, but then nothing. Same for lines. Boxes and other shapes are OK

On my MacBook Air with Mac OS Catalina - When trying to draw an arrow or line, I get the blue dots for aligning the arrow, but then nothing. Same for lines. Boxes and other shapes are OK. I have a color selected.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 10:47 AM

Hi Jonap44,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that when trying to draw an arrow or line, you do not get an image, only blue dots.

Are you using Pages when this happens? Does dragging the blue dots change anything on your file or photo? Does this happen with all documents or one in particular? Try changing the line's color, thickness and transparency to see if the same happens. Check out Add lines and arrows in Pages on Mac.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2021 10:47 AM in response to Jonap44

Hi Jonap44,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that when trying to draw an arrow or line, you do not get an image, only blue dots.

Are you using Pages when this happens? Does dragging the blue dots change anything on your file or photo? Does this happen with all documents or one in particular? Try changing the line's color, thickness and transparency to see if the same happens. Check out Add lines and arrows in Pages on Mac.

Take care.

When trying to draw an arrow or line, I get the blue dots for aligning the arrow, but then nothing. Same for lines. Boxes and other shapes are OK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.