Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud family sharing!! Problem

So, I upgraded to 200gb a month iCloud, because my 50gb is almost full.

I upgraded to 200gb which is a lot for just me , so I decided to add my moms iPhone to share The cloud with me, since hers is only 5Gb (the free option) I add her to the family sharing iCloud storage alone. Perfect.

seems fine, until I go into (find my) on my moms phone (we using two different apple ids by the way) and I see all my devices from my account on her (find my) and there’s options to erase devices and play sound and so on . Which is concerning , I thought I was only sharing the iCloud storage with her, how does she have access to my devices in (find my) “what I’m saying what if she mistakenly presses erase on one of my devices or report lost and so on. Is there a way to share the storage with her but not merge devices in (find my) ?I don’t know why apple thought it would be a good idea to make it that way, or maybe is a bug, idk.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 12:59 PM

See the following from Share your location with your family - Apple Support

Family Sharing lets you decide whether or not you share your location with your family.

To see if you're sharing, follow these steps:

• Tap Settings > [your name].If you use iOS 11, tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
  1. Tap Share My Location.
  2. Tap [family member name] to share with that person.

To stop sharing your location, turn off Share My Location. This hides your location from all of your family members and your approved friends. And when you're ready to share your location again, you can turn it back on at any time.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2021 12:59 PM in response to jessefromalriath

See the following from Share your location with your family - Apple Support

Family Sharing lets you decide whether or not you share your location with your family.

To see if you're sharing, follow these steps:

• Tap Settings > [your name].If you use iOS 11, tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
  1. Tap Share My Location.
  2. Tap [family member name] to share with that person.

To stop sharing your location, turn off Share My Location. This hides your location from all of your family members and your approved friends. And when you're ready to share your location again, you can turn it back on at any time.

iCloud family sharing!! Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.