Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to upload photos to a website that does not accept the new HEIC format. How can I change those to jpeg format.

I want to upload photos to a website that does not accept the new HEIC format. How can I change those to jpeg format.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 8:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 11:20 PM

You can simply open Photos, find the HEIC images you want to upload and drag them to a folder on your Desktop. This will save them as JPEGs in the folder - then upload them from this folder.

If you need to upload them in a specific resolution, select the photos in Photos and use the command "File > Export > Export .. Photos" to export them with the size and quality you want. If you do not want to include the locations and other metadata, when you share the images, disable the checkmarks for "include ...":

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2021 11:20 PM in response to NOTSO_TECH

You can simply open Photos, find the HEIC images you want to upload and drag them to a folder on your Desktop. This will save them as JPEGs in the folder - then upload them from this folder.

If you need to upload them in a specific resolution, select the photos in Photos and use the command "File > Export > Export .. Photos" to export them with the size and quality you want. If you do not want to include the locations and other metadata, when you share the images, disable the checkmarks for "include ...":

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.