You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac-Mini is too secure.

On my Mac-Mini running Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.3, how do I allow Olympus Corp to download firmware to my camera? I keep getting instructions how to change security &/or privacy, but nothing seems to work. It will work on an older Mac-Mini (version late 2012).

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 9:58 PM

2 replies

Apr 1, 2021 9:40 AM in response to GregAntipa

Does the Olympus software even launch? In addition to @kaz-k's suggestion you can Control-click or right-click the app and select "Open" which will warn you and prompt you whether to allow the app to run if the software/developer is not recognized by Apple.

If the Olympus software does launch, then you may need to provide it permission to access the Downloads folder or to allow access to your Olympus camera. Check this under the "Privacy" tab in the "Security & Privacy" section of the System Preferences.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/change-privacy-preferences-on-mac-mh32356/mac

My Mac-Mini is too secure.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.