Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Language change button is not working

Hello,

I use 2 languages from my iPhone but the language switching button is not working and I cannot press on it.

I’ve attached a screenshot and the buttons on the bottom is not fully visible. This happened for me a couple of days ago. I also update the phone with the latest update but it didn’t work.

Please let me know.

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 6:49 AM

3 replies

Apr 2, 2021 7:21 AM in response to eunhee16

Hi eunhee16,

We understand you're trying to change the language on an iPhone. We're happy to help.

What happens when you go to Settings > General > Language & Region >iPhone Language, and try changing it there? Is it not giving you any other languages to switch the device to? Does it give some sort of error? Etc.

Change the language on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Do you have Display Zoom enabled? You can learn more about it here:

Magnify the iPhone screen with Display Zoom

If you do, try disabling it to see if the buttons are accessible.

We look forward to your response. Cheers!

Apr 3, 2021 10:56 AM in response to eunhee16

Hi eunhee16,

Thanks for clarifying! So you're not trying to change the language, you're just trying to change the keyboard but the keyboards button and also the dictation buttons are cut off at the bottom of your keyboard. Got it!

So we'd recommend checking to see if you have the display zoom currently enabled as referenced in our previous message. We'd also recommend restarting your device if you haven't already done so.

Restart your iPhone

If the display zoom is off, a restart doesn't help and you have already updated your software, we'd recommend contacting Apple Support for assistance: Get Support

We hope this helps. Take care!

Apr 2, 2021 7:36 AM in response to Jaym_8

Hi

thank you for the reply.

actually I am not trying to change my language in my iphone. What I am trying to do is to use 2 languages without changing language in Settings, which was perfectly working fine before. You see the global symbol button at the bottom in the keyboard if you set up more that 2 languages in your iPhone.

Simply the button suddenly doesn't work and i can only see half of it.

for now, when I need to type the other language, I need to add the the language I want to type and delete the the one I was using before and back and forth.

I checked the language and region option as you advised and it is correctly set.

if you think of any other workaround, I would be very happy to try.

thank you

Language change button is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.