Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t turn on my tracking

Has anyone found a way to turn on the “allow apps to request to track”? it is gray and I can’t turn it on.

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 12:12 PM

That is incorrect, the feature the OP is referring to is in place. I would guess either their parent has restricted turning that on or they have a work email account on the iPhone which is blocking it.

3 replies

Apr 1, 2021 12:01 PM in response to allyse97

Hiya allyse97,

The Apple Support Community really appreciates that you decided to post this issue. It appears that you’re wanting to control what your apps have access to. We can definitely help out with that. 

“With iOS 13 and iPadOS 13, you can tap Allow Once to let an app access Location Services data only for one session (One Time). If you close and then re-open the app and it tries to access your location again, it will ask for your permission again. Apps won't use your location until they have asked for your permission and you grant permission.

You can change your mind anytime and update your preferences from Settings < Privacy < Location Services."

About privacy and Location Services in iOS and iPadOS

Have a good one! 

I can’t turn on my tracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.