Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant turn on tracking

I tried to turn on tracking but it didnt let me it was greyed out, i did some googling and it said to try turning on personalised ads. I tried that too and again it was greyed out. Can you help me please?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2021 7:03 AM

Hi georgettex,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. You can count on us to do our best to assist you or get you pointed in the right direction.

We understand that the "Allow Apps to Request to Track" feature is greyed out on your device.

As mentioned on the page that you've shared, the behavior is likely caused by a profile or your Apple ID is being managed.

"This setting cannot be changed because a profile is restricting it or because your Apple ID is being managed, does not meet the minimum age requirements or is missing age information."

If the behavior is caused by your Apple ID, the article below may help.

Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2021 7:03 AM in response to georgettex

Hi georgettex,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. You can count on us to do our best to assist you or get you pointed in the right direction.

We understand that the "Allow Apps to Request to Track" feature is greyed out on your device.

As mentioned on the page that you've shared, the behavior is likely caused by a profile or your Apple ID is being managed.

"This setting cannot be changed because a profile is restricting it or because your Apple ID is being managed, does not meet the minimum age requirements or is missing age information."

If the behavior is caused by your Apple ID, the article below may help.

Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID

Take care!

Cant turn on tracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.