Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Convert to MP3

Is there some way to specify a different export folder for the converted MP3 songs? I would like to convert music but I don't want the MP3's buried inside of the iTunes directory structure or duplicated in my library.

Mac mini, OS X 10.11

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 5:44 AM

Rick,

Unfortunately no. When iTunes/Music converts format, it puts the new file into your media folder in an Artist/Album structure. When it is done you can move the new file. Or if you doing a lot, you can use a 3rd party conversion tool such as Switch that lets you place the output file where you wish.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2021 5:44 AM in response to Rick Angelini

Rick,

Unfortunately no. When iTunes/Music converts format, it puts the new file into your media folder in an Artist/Album structure. When it is done you can move the new file. Or if you doing a lot, you can use a 3rd party conversion tool such as Switch that lets you place the output file where you wish.

Convert to MP3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.