Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

same instrument with different effect?

Hello everyone! I want to use the same instrument again later in a song, but want to add a different effect to it. I tried to duplicate the track, but when I add the Microphaser to it it's automatically put to the original track as well... Any tips how I can separate the two tracks? Or add an effect only to the second time the sound comes up in my project?

Thanks in advance

jonasder13te

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 1:46 PM

Hi there,

As a quick fix, I suggest you bounce to audio so you can process the tracks differently. Let me look into the architecture and why this is happening. Are you using Drum Machine Designer? Did you hit this button?

5 replies

Mar 31, 2021 1:58 PM in response to EddieGrey

One more thing...

If you look at the Track Inspector, you may have some more info to work with. If the Tracks are assigned to the same place then they will move together as one channel strip. I am still working on the contingencies and I am sure @edgarrothermich can add a tremendous amount to this convo but for now look at the image below...

The TRACK INSPECTOR reads the same instrument on the first 2 channel strip types. You can actually re-assign these by ctrl+clicking the tracks header.

Hope this helps,

Eddie G.

same instrument with different effect?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.