Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer connection issues

A friend has recently bought an M1 MB Air which I have been helping her to set up. Everything has gone well, apart from a curious printer connection issue. The printer is a brand new HP Laserjet Pro M255DW Wireless colour printer. On unboxing and first connection, all worked well, with the wireless printer driver installation going as expected and a few test pages printed correctly over the local (home) wi fi network. The next time I tried to print, as part of my ongoing assistance to the user, the printer failed to work on the home network. We successfully created a wired (USB) connection and I then set up the MBA to print wirelessly using the Printer's HP wireless system, but this involves removing the internet connection and connecting to the printer's native network - a workaround, but inelegant. When trying to re-install the printer on the home wifi network I get the error attached (pictured). The printer in question works fine printing on the home network using my 4 year old MBP, and my friends iPad. I have updated the printer firmware, having checked the HP website. I wonder if anyone can help with this issue. TIA, David.

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 2:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 5:07 AM

Did you try Apple's Air Print?

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/print-wirelessly-mac-airprint-printer-mchl3c1a7aef/mac

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 2, 2021 11:09 PM in response to dominic23

Not sure how this has happened, but they system just printed from the MBA to the HP printer when I tried it yesterday afternoon. The owner had left the MBA attached to the HP Printer network (rather than her home internet network) - it printed a test page. I switched the MBA to the home internet network and again it printed the test page. I will keep an eye on it over the next few weeks. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Printer connection issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.