Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing to a shared network printer issues rpc_binding_set_auth_info error.

Using an Ethernet connection on a docking station connected to MBP 2021/M1, the MBP can find and install the shared HP LaserJet 1020 network printer \\domain\computer\LaserJet1020. HP provides the MBP driver HP LaserJet 1022 driver.

This was working since I brought the MBP 2021/M1 in July 2021.

This stop working I believe with the last OS update Monterery 12.2.1.

Reset, reinstalling the network printer using network icon where it shows the domain, the computer and the shared printer device and using the HP LaserJet 1022 driver, is all successful.

Attempting to print, the job stays in the queue, the printer is put into pause.

Using the Error Log., it shows:

E [03/Mar/2022:13:40:22 -0500] [Job 14] rpc_binding_set_auth_info

If you resume the printer queue, the same error is repeated.

This problem began with the last MBP OS update, Monterey 12.2.1

Solutions?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 10:29 AM

I would like to note, the latest Monterey update v12.3, resolved this problem as well as the TrackPad/non-apple mouse issue:

Disabling TrackPad when Bluetooth mouse i… - Apple Community

Thank you Apple developers for quickly resolving these two. I hope my input helped.

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 4, 2022 10:49 AM in response to hlsantos

Hello Hlsantos,

After updating your Mac, you've been unable to use your HP printer. We'll do our best to assist.

It sounds like you may have already tried this, but if you haven't yet, we'd try to reset the printing system using these steps: Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem

Make sure the issue isn't with the specific file you've been trying to print. Test printing another file to be sure the issue persists.

If that didn't solve it, then you may need reach out to HP for additional support: HP Customer Service

They may need to fix this issue on their end, since it may not be compatible with Monterey's update.

Hoping this helps out, take care.

Mar 5, 2022 8:42 AM in response to destiny241

The RPC error is related to this function call:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/rpcdce/nf-rpcdce-rpcbindingsetauthinfoa

Please pass this on the appropriate engineer. That is what the errors.log is showing when the print job starts.

The LAN network share printer is shared many PC devices. The MBP worked too until the last update.

I have a case number so I plan to call and repeat the issue again. But the issue is clear - get this to the CUPS, network, protocol engineer to update the MBP print queue manager.

Printing to a shared network printer issues rpc_binding_set_auth_info error.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.