Related Article: About AirPrint

MacOS unable to connect with HP officejet pro 9010

Hi, Very frustrated here! Hopefully someone can help. I've been trying to pring from my MacBook Air to my HP OficeJet Pro 9010 series printer and I continuosly get an error messge. This happened suddenly. I have been able to print from macbook to printer just fine until recently. I have tried restarted computer, I have restarted my printer to original setting and then redid the wifi connection for it. I feel I have tried all the basics that I have read online. The error message says Unable to verify the printer on your network. Then it says would you like to create the printer. Then another error message occurs

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 9:25 AM

Hi,

This is an AirPrint model, and should work with macOS without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Any change if you try the following power-cycle procedure (do not forget the router)?

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, any iPhones and iPads, and all other computers/devices. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Power on any iPhones and iPads. Finally, power on all other computers/devices. The idea is to update device/computer discovery (Bonjour/mDNS).

Also, the AirPrint technology works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections. This printer has Ethernet, and could be wired to one of the LAN ports of the router if you so wish. That way, some of the problems related to Wi-Fi may be avoided. If necessary, you may want to carry out a quick test with Ethernet instead of using Wi-Fi for the printer connection to the router.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

BTW, please state the exact operating system version. It says macOS 10.12 (Sierra) in your profile.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2023 9:25 AM in response to Cree11

Hi,

This is an AirPrint model, and should work with macOS without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Any change if you try the following power-cycle procedure (do not forget the router)?

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac, any iPhones and iPads, and all other computers/devices. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Power on any iPhones and iPads. Finally, power on all other computers/devices. The idea is to update device/computer discovery (Bonjour/mDNS).

Also, the AirPrint technology works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections. This printer has Ethernet, and could be wired to one of the LAN ports of the router if you so wish. That way, some of the problems related to Wi-Fi may be avoided. If necessary, you may want to carry out a quick test with Ethernet instead of using Wi-Fi for the printer connection to the router.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

BTW, please state the exact operating system version. It says macOS 10.12 (Sierra) in your profile.

MacOS unable to connect with HP officejet pro 9010

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.