Related Article: How to download apps and content that your family members purchased

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aloha, I am trying to add previous music purchases linked to another email address to my current Music account on my MacBook Pro

Aloha, I am trying to add previous music purchases from an old iTunes account to my current Music account on my MacBook Pro. To make it more complicated, both accounts have different email addresses.

Any ideas?

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 11:22 AM

Hello TopMonkeyG,

We understand that you want to download previous purchases from another Apple ID account, and we'd like to go over some information.

Just to confirm, do you use Family Sharing? If you do currently use Family Sharing, are both of the accounts part of the family group? If so, the "How to download previous purchases from family members" part of the link you came from may help.

You can find more information about redownloading music purchased from the iTunes Store here: Redownload music

We hope that helps. Take care!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2021 11:22 AM in response to TopMonkeyG

Hello TopMonkeyG,

We understand that you want to download previous purchases from another Apple ID account, and we'd like to go over some information.

Just to confirm, do you use Family Sharing? If you do currently use Family Sharing, are both of the accounts part of the family group? If so, the "How to download previous purchases from family members" part of the link you came from may help.

You can find more information about redownloading music purchased from the iTunes Store here: Redownload music

We hope that helps. Take care!

Aloha, I am trying to add previous music purchases linked to another email address to my current Music account on my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.