Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing iCloud storage not working

I already have a family sharing group and we share other products. When my wife’s phone began to to need storage for backup, I purchased the 200GB plan. When I try to share this with my family by going into the “More to share” section and select “iCloud storage”, it takes me to a new “Share iCloud storage” page as instructed. However, when I select the “Share 200GB Storage Plan” button, I get a quick clock in the upper right where the “Not now” text was before, and then the “Not Now” returns without any resolution.

I have also tried to go through the “iCloud” section, selected “Manage Storage”, then “Share with Family”. However, I get a message of “Cannot complete action” error at the bottom.

I have attached pictures. Can you help?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 8:24 AM

Hello, Thecuseboy!

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! We understand you're having trouble sharing storage with your Family Sharing group. We'd be happy to lend a hand so you and your wife have plenty of storage to share.

To clarify, does your wife's iPhone have the latest iOS version installed? If not, this will be the first step we recommend:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Since the message states the action cannot be completed at that time, go ahead and restart your device, then try sharing again. If it continues, try connecting to another Wi-Fi network or cellular data. This will help rule out possible network issues.

If you're still unable to share and receive an error, Contact Apple Support for next steps.

All the best.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2021 8:24 AM in response to Thecuseboy

Hello, Thecuseboy!

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! We understand you're having trouble sharing storage with your Family Sharing group. We'd be happy to lend a hand so you and your wife have plenty of storage to share.

To clarify, does your wife's iPhone have the latest iOS version installed? If not, this will be the first step we recommend:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Since the message states the action cannot be completed at that time, go ahead and restart your device, then try sharing again. If it continues, try connecting to another Wi-Fi network or cellular data. This will help rule out possible network issues.

If you're still unable to share and receive an error, Contact Apple Support for next steps.

All the best.

Family Sharing iCloud storage not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.