Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Windows opening slow / dissapearing

Macbook Pro (2019)

Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.3

I have this extremely frustrating and weird issue where windows from every app sometimes take minutes to load; going from Finder windows; to the About this Mac window; to Photoshop.... everything.

It also happens a lot for apps that are in the background; the window just disappear; when i tab or click the app to the foreground; there is no window (but when i right click on the icon, there is a list with active windows, i just can't see/open them).

I did a SMC reset; ran Onyx; DXDrive; virus scan; i can't find anything wrong. There are no error reports or logs in console.

Last thing i want to try is a clean install; but no body likes doing that... i was hoping there would be some other cause or solution.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 3:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 4:46 AM

Open Activity Monitor - View >> View All processes and check in CPU Tab for Runaway Processes and do same in Memory Tab. There might be an identifiable process(s) hogging the CPU / Memory.

1 reply

App Windows opening slow / dissapearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.