Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do covers cause overheating on MacBook Air M1 or are they safe to use?

I'd like to buy a protective cover for my MacBook Air M1, but I'm not sure if it will cause overheating - the M1 has no fans so I don't know if the case helps with heat dissipation.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 10:16 AM

I think everyone knows Apple sells covers - that wasn't my question. I am sure the covers are suitable for most users. However, what I am hoping for is that someone with knowledge about high-end use (i.e. using photoshop plus capture one plus NIK filters for photo editing knows if the possible heat build up might not be dissipated with a cover on the device.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2021 10:16 AM in response to dominic23

I think everyone knows Apple sells covers - that wasn't my question. I am sure the covers are suitable for most users. However, what I am hoping for is that someone with knowledge about high-end use (i.e. using photoshop plus capture one plus NIK filters for photo editing knows if the possible heat build up might not be dissipated with a cover on the device.

Apr 2, 2021 10:21 AM in response to laverock22

While intensive work you can remove the cover though the MacBook Air m1 doesn't heat up that much so it would be fine with cover on too but to stay on safer side use it without cover but both will do.

Do covers cause overheating on MacBook Air M1 or are they safe to use?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.