Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Hidden Apps?

Does anyone know how to delete hidden apps not in use? I have apps from several years ago that I don’t use. Would like to remove them but can’t figure out how to do it. Have iPhone 12.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 11:54 AM

Thank you for the information. Feel like I made a mistake with iPhone purchase. More expensive than any other phone, but I find it limiting and not user friendly. I wonder if it is forced to retain apps so eventually I’ll have to purchase more storage. Seems ridiculous to me. Made mistake with watch too. It’s going back tomorrow. Can’t use watch in tandem with iPhone. It’s a circle of no fun missing notifications, etc... everything seemed easier and less limiting than iPhone. But thanks again... at least I know to stop trying with this thing.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2021 11:54 AM in response to FoxFifth

Thank you for the information. Feel like I made a mistake with iPhone purchase. More expensive than any other phone, but I find it limiting and not user friendly. I wonder if it is forced to retain apps so eventually I’ll have to purchase more storage. Seems ridiculous to me. Made mistake with watch too. It’s going back tomorrow. Can’t use watch in tandem with iPhone. It’s a circle of no fun missing notifications, etc... everything seemed easier and less limiting than iPhone. But thanks again... at least I know to stop trying with this thing.

Apr 2, 2021 11:24 AM in response to bobbyd575

You cannot delete apps from purchase history -- you can only hide them in purchase history.

If the apps are still on your iPhone, see the following:

On an iPhone with iOS 14, if the app is on a Home screen, touch and hold the app, tap Remove app and then tap Delete App (or tap Edit Home Screen in the pop up menu, tap the minus sign, then tap Delete App)

If the app is only in the App Library screen (swipe left past the last Home screen), touch and hold the app there and then tap Delete app.

Note that some built-in Apple apps cannot be deleted.

If neither of those options is available, there may be a restriction set on deleting apps. On an iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps.

See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201304#prevent-purchases

Remove Hidden Apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.