Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing iTunes library on iMac

So, are you telling me that I can no longer access music I ALREADY BOUGHT through iTunes without paying for a yearly service? This is essentially theft...

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 12:02 AM

Hi,

Try signing out it your Apple account then sign back in. Make sure that sync iCloud library is not checked as this is only used if you have a subscription to iTunes Match or Apple Music. If you had a backup, you can restore your music from it, otherwise follow the instructions contained in Redownload music – Apple Support

Jim

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2021 12:02 AM in response to Inkl1ng

Hi,

Try signing out it your Apple account then sign back in. Make sure that sync iCloud library is not checked as this is only used if you have a subscription to iTunes Match or Apple Music. If you had a backup, you can restore your music from it, otherwise follow the instructions contained in Redownload music – Apple Support

Jim

Apr 2, 2021 9:41 PM in response to ed2345

This is the 'fix' I keep finding everywhere online...that I need a subscription to iTunes match in order to access my music. It's no longer on my computer because I needed to buy a new hard drive. When I attempted to access my library on iTunes afterward, I kept getting the error message, "This account does not have iCloud music enabled. Apple music has not been linked to this account." I know that's incorrect, as I'd been playing from my iTunes library beforehand. When I attempted to deselect/reselect Synch Library, I got stuck in a loop with that error message. My library remains unpopulated. I remain displeased. If you have a solution, I'd love to hear it.

Accessing iTunes library on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.