Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Serial number question!

If I ask a seller for the serial number and go to https://checkcoverage.apple.com/uk/en/;jsessionid=node030hw0qux3m8z6ry4eu7z9cat1476672.node0 website can I determine if it is a real Apple Watch they are selling? Or would this not be a valid way of finding out if it is a legit Apple Watch. Also is it ok for me to ask for serial number of the Apple Watch or would this be frowned upon?

Thanks for the replies and help! :)

Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 4:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 8:23 PM

If it wasn't a real Apple product you wouldn't get any results. But how do you know that the serial number that you are given is that of the watch being sold. 3rd party online sales are a very risky business. Especially if the sale is too good to be true.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.3.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.4.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.4.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.3  HomePods, audioOS 14.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2021 8:23 PM in response to TGGE

If it wasn't a real Apple product you wouldn't get any results. But how do you know that the serial number that you are given is that of the watch being sold. 3rd party online sales are a very risky business. Especially if the sale is too good to be true.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.3.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.4.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.4.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.3  HomePods, audioOS 14.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Serial number question!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.