Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does getting an Apple Watch serial number confirm it is a fake or real apple watch?

If I ask a seller for the serial number and go to https://checkcoverage.apple.com/uk/en/;jsessionid=node030hw0qux3m8z6ry4eu7z9cat1476672.node0 website can I determine if it is a real Apple Watch they are selling? Or would this not be a valid way of finding out if it is a legit Apple Watch. Also is it ok for me to ask for serial number of the Apple Watch or would this be frowned upon?

Thanks for the replies and help! :)

Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 8:35 PM

I don't see the harm in asking for the serial number. But also make sure you read the 'Before you buy a watch from a third-party' section in:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

Activation Lock is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. Only the previous owner can remove the Activation Lock by entering their Apple ID password, so you can use the watch. If the previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock, then the watch will be useless to you or anyone else.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2021 8:35 PM in response to TGGE

I don't see the harm in asking for the serial number. But also make sure you read the 'Before you buy a watch from a third-party' section in:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

Activation Lock is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. Only the previous owner can remove the Activation Lock by entering their Apple ID password, so you can use the watch. If the previous owner cannot or will not remove the lock, then the watch will be useless to you or anyone else.

Does getting an Apple Watch serial number confirm it is a fake or real apple watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.