Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Messages main screen suddenly has Swipe Left to close. How do i get it back to Swipe Up from the bottom?

My iPhone 12 Messages main screen suddenly has Swipe Left to close it. How do I get it back to Swipe Up from the bottom, to close it?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 6:12 PM

SWIPE UP from the bottom edge of your iPhone and stop HALF WAY on the screen and release. This will display the open (suspended) apps to the left. Fan through them till you find the app that you want to close. Once your find it then TOUCH the app and PUSH IT UPWARD. That will close the app.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2021 6:12 PM in response to Tmac615

SWIPE UP from the bottom edge of your iPhone and stop HALF WAY on the screen and release. This will display the open (suspended) apps to the left. Fan through them till you find the app that you want to close. Once your find it then TOUCH the app and PUSH IT UPWARD. That will close the app.

Axel F.

iPhone 12 Messages main screen suddenly has Swipe Left to close. How do i get it back to Swipe Up from the bottom?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.