Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to verify account name or password

I am unable to add an email account to Apple Mail running on OS Big Sur v 11.2.3.

I get the error message "unable to verify account name or password" even though the account name and password are correct. I am attempting to add "other" email types. These email adresses all work on non Apple devices and/or sites. I have been trying for over two weeks now even with telephone conversations with Apple support staff without success. Any one out their have a similar problem and found a solution?

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 2:17 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 4, 2021 11:21 AM in response to sberman

The email service provider I am using is LCN.com

Steps taken:

1. Took my lap top into an Apple genius bar and the "genius" did a number of things (dont know details) with my keychain and icloud connection and told me to go home and enter my email credentials as usual. I did and nothing had changed for the better.
  2. I then attempted a telephone support chat with Apple support staff. She got me to turn off my Mail App and enter my credentials via System Preferences and use the "Tab" key at the end of each field. No change. Then she old me to open a guest account on my laptop and try add email as that user. No change.
  3. I then contacted LCN.com themselves and they said that it may be Apple's security structure that is blocking me. They suggested that I change my password for that email ( which I have already tried more than once and the mail worked on their Webmail site but not on Apple). I will try that again and see if helps but I have no reason to believe that it will.

NOTE: on some attempts the mail address would receive mail but the outgoing smtp would not work and the aforementioned error massage would appear.

[Email Edited by Moderator]

unable to verify account name or password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.