Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shuffle always on - iPhone 7, iOS 14.4.2

I have a recurring problem with the shuffle function on my iPhone 7. It has been a problem stretching back to iOS 13 at least. I can not turn off Shuffle. The icon stays bold red no matter how many times I tap it--it never toggles to white background indicating not shuffling. I've closed the app and restarted my phone countless times. As someone who listens to albums, this drives me nuts. Any suggestions?

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 8:38 AM

Hello woolybully,

Is it the case that you are unable to turn off shuffle for the Music app?

If so, as you've had this issue throughout previous iOS, you've already Restart your iPhone. In this case, you can see if you can turn off Shuffle in other ways such as asking Siri, Repeat and shuffle music.

If you are still unable to toggle the feature off and on, you may want to Contact Apple Support.

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2021 8:38 AM in response to woolybully

Hello woolybully,

Is it the case that you are unable to turn off shuffle for the Music app?

If so, as you've had this issue throughout previous iOS, you've already Restart your iPhone. In this case, you can see if you can turn off Shuffle in other ways such as asking Siri, Repeat and shuffle music.

If you are still unable to toggle the feature off and on, you may want to Contact Apple Support.

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

Shuffle always on - iPhone 7, iOS 14.4.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.