Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV remote is two years old and it is very sluggish to respond changing channels, etc.. it is fully chargrilled, and was reset and paired again, but to no avail. Do I have to replace it?

My Apple TV remote is two years old and it is very sluggish to respond changing channels, etc.. it is fully charged, and was reset and paired again, but to no avail. Do I have to replace it?

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 4:19 PM

Bring it in to Apple, or contact Apple Support, so it can be verified.

If you do not have extended warranty for it, and it appears to have defects, then you will likely be advised to purchase a replacement remote.

What is your model remote? Identify your Apple TV remote - Apple Support

Buy a Siri Remote - Apple Store online

Buy an Apple Remote (aluminum) - Apple Store online

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2021 4:19 PM in response to Retired2015fromschnucks

Bring it in to Apple, or contact Apple Support, so it can be verified.

If you do not have extended warranty for it, and it appears to have defects, then you will likely be advised to purchase a replacement remote.

What is your model remote? Identify your Apple TV remote - Apple Support

Buy a Siri Remote - Apple Store online

Buy an Apple Remote (aluminum) - Apple Store online

My Apple TV remote is two years old and it is very sluggish to respond changing channels, etc.. it is fully chargrilled, and was reset and paired again, but to no avail. Do I have to replace it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.