Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i was trying to clear my disk as i sold my macbook air. 2 icons came on the screen, one is a lightening bolt with an arrow pointing down. none of the keyboard buttons do anything. what now?

i was trying to clear my disk as i sold my macbook air. 2 icons came on the screen, one is a lightening bolt with an arrow pointing down. none of the keyboard buttons do anything. what now?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 5:23 PM

Sounds like your Mac is in Target Disk mode Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode - Apple Support To exit shut down by holding the power button.

It's not clear the steps you've taken but this is what you should do What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.