Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 MacBook Pro cursor mouse not response

I found a problem Macbook Pro M1 cursor of mouse not response sometime

So I can click, restart 1-2 times my mac is normal

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 2:13 AM

Exactly the same problem I had this morning. The cursor is not visible but you can use it without seeing it. I've managed to click Restart button and it didn't response for 2-3 minutes. Then said "Messages app is not responding" (I don't use it at all) and after I force quit it the computer restarted and the problem is gone. Probably it will happen again. I bought this computer one week ago also experiencing with laggy UI animations. Is it only me or?

(Macbook 13 M1 - 8GB )

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2021 2:13 AM in response to Thomastop

Exactly the same problem I had this morning. The cursor is not visible but you can use it without seeing it. I've managed to click Restart button and it didn't response for 2-3 minutes. Then said "Messages app is not responding" (I don't use it at all) and after I force quit it the computer restarted and the problem is gone. Probably it will happen again. I bought this computer one week ago also experiencing with laggy UI animations. Is it only me or?

(Macbook 13 M1 - 8GB )

Apr 5, 2021 1:48 PM in response to Thomastop

Hi there Thomastop,

It sounds like the cursor for the trackpad on your MacBook Pro isn't responding as expected, and it begins working again after restarting a few times. We're glad you're here, and we can help.

To begin, work through the steps in this link:

If the pointer doesn’t move when using the trackpad with Mac

If that doesn't help, try resetting the NVRAM and let us know how it goes:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Take care.

M1 MacBook Pro cursor mouse not response

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.