Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop up virus

I accidently clicked on a pop up on a website on safari.

how do I know if i got hacked or got a virus on my iphone from the pop up that i clicked ?

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 7:53 PM

Azz23 Said:

"Pop up virus: I accidently clicked on a pop up on a website on safari. how do I know if i got hacked or got a virus on my iphone from the pop up that i clicked ?"

-------

Three Thoughts:

A. Malwarebytes Mobile Security:

The free version blocks popups. Read the following post to see how to use this software: Blocked numbers - Apple Community

B. Modify your Credentials:

If you suspect activity issues, and interacted with it an any form, then modify the you credentials:

C. Report this to Apple:

Have a Screenshot fo this? Forward a screenshot of this as an attachment to Apple using this eMail address: reportphishing@apple.com. In the comments pane, inform Apple of what the attachment is all about: an eMail contacting an attachment of a phishing scam.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2021 7:53 PM in response to Azz23

Azz23 Said:

"Pop up virus: I accidently clicked on a pop up on a website on safari. how do I know if i got hacked or got a virus on my iphone from the pop up that i clicked ?"

-------

Three Thoughts:

A. Malwarebytes Mobile Security:

The free version blocks popups. Read the following post to see how to use this software: Blocked numbers - Apple Community

B. Modify your Credentials:

If you suspect activity issues, and interacted with it an any form, then modify the you credentials:

C. Report this to Apple:

Have a Screenshot fo this? Forward a screenshot of this as an attachment to Apple using this eMail address: reportphishing@apple.com. In the comments pane, inform Apple of what the attachment is all about: an eMail contacting an attachment of a phishing scam.

Pop up virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.