Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set the default SIM card for all outbound calls?

I have 12 Pro Max.

One eSIM and one physical SIM.

1 - "Main", 2 - "Additional".

Let's assume I have a missed call from unknown caller on the second "Additional card". When I try to call back it's always in "last used state".

Or let's say someone called me to the second "Additional card". We had a talk. Then I'm calling him back from the Recents menu and it uses "Additional card". Even if always use the "Main" SIM is chosen in the Contact details.

I want iPhone to use the "Main" card for all my outbound calls and texts. And the "Additional" for inbound only.

Is it possible?

Or may be at least there is a way to choose which SIM to use when you make a call from the Recents?

Thx

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 4:05 AM

See what options you have for outbound calls.

If you make or receive calls on either of the SIM then I am not sure how that would be possible unless you restrict make and receive calls on the other SIM

However know more here..

iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, and later feature Dual SIM with a nano-SIM and an eSIM.

Set up your cellular plan with eSIM

• Open the Camera app and scan your QR code.
  • When the Cellular Plan Detected notification appears, tap it.
  • Tap Continue, at the bottom of the screen.
  • Tap Add Cellular Plan.

Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2021 4:05 AM in response to pinkmercedes

See what options you have for outbound calls.

If you make or receive calls on either of the SIM then I am not sure how that would be possible unless you restrict make and receive calls on the other SIM

However know more here..

iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, and later feature Dual SIM with a nano-SIM and an eSIM.

Set up your cellular plan with eSIM

• Open the Camera app and scan your QR code.
  • When the Cellular Plan Detected notification appears, tap it.
  • Tap Continue, at the bottom of the screen.
  • Tap Add Cellular Plan.

Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

How to set the default SIM card for all outbound calls?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.