Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 8 keeps tripping off and on

As of a few days ago my iPhone 8 keeps randomly restarting throughout the day. I’ll open safari, messages or will simply be on the home screen and the iPhone restarts. This usually happens even when i still have much battery level but constantly it might go from 70% to 10% all of a sudden. I’ve tried resetting my iPhone to factory setting, resetting all of the settings, doing a hard restart, getting rid of apps I thought might be causing it, I’ve tried it all and my iPhone is completely up to date on the latest iOS. Does anybody know what’s happening and why it’s doing this? Thanks

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 4:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 4:28 AM

Hello,

What is the battery health? See this:

Charge and monitor the iPhone battery

However, the symptoms seem to indicate that you need a new battery:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

Good luck.

1 reply

Iphone 8 keeps tripping off and on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.