You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Force my iphone 12 pro to use 3g

hello , so i upgrade my iphone 8 a week ago to iphone 12 pro but im having a lot of cellular signal problems and a lot of breaks during phone calls, people calling me and can't catch me beacause the weak signal only one line on 4g when it could be full signal on 3g and the auto algorithm somehow prefer the 4g all the time... when in the iphone 8 I could force it to connect via 3g now i only have the option for 4g or 5g. Now im living in israel and here i dont even talk about 5g but even 4g is very weak in 85% of israel . I would be very happy to have the option to switch to 3g please enable this option again in the next software update 🙏🏼. Thanks

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 7:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 8:11 AM

Well thats not quite true because I had the option before, it can be a software solution

6 replies

Apr 5, 2021 8:15 AM in response to osherzr

The network options on your phone are determined by your carrier, not by Apple. Most carriers do not choose to include a 3G switch in the carrier settings file. I don’t know why, but 2 guesses: Most carriers are planning to turn off their 3G networks sometime within the next year so the antennas can be repurposed for 5G. And if you want to use 3G, why did you buy a 5G phone?

The phone will still use 3G if there is no LTE or 5G network available, but you can’t select it manually.

Force my iphone 12 pro to use 3g

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.