Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove old Exchange email account from iPhone

Hi

I have just left a company and removed the MDM software they put on my personal iPhone and they have revoked my access to my old email account - all as intended.

However, I am now no longer able to remove the email account from my iPhone Mail app / accounts - as a password needs to be used (Account not authenticated) before I have the option to disable mail (or contacts etc) as everything is greyed out.

As this account can't be authenticated I get a constant error message in my iPhone Mail app, saying this account's details need to be updated.

How do I get rid of this old account?

Or will I have to deal with this issue indefinitely?

Thanks for any help.

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 1:29 PM

1 reply

Apr 6, 2021 10:26 AM in response to BennyBoySF

Hello BennyBoySF,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! We understand you are encountering an issue with removing an email account from your device that was there from your employer prior to removing the MDM profile. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

You are looking in the correct area to make the change to remove that account, however it seems that because it might have been linked to the MDM profile that it isn't able to be removed without that same level of access. Are you able to communicate with your employer to see if you'd be able to enter a password to see if there is any way to regain access to it so it can be removed?

If you don't have the ability to communicate with your previous employer, the next best step we would recommend would be to reach out to Apple Support directly to see if there is anything further that could be done. You can use the link below to contact Apple Support:

Get Support

Best Regards.

Remove old Exchange email account from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.