Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV EXTREMELY high bandwidth every two hours

I recently checked my Xfinity Dataplan and I noticed that within just a few days, high of my data plan had been used. I looked at my Routers Traffic Analyzer and turns out it's the main Apple TV. This isn't normal and it doesn't sleep but it's also not in use, just the Apple screen saver (Cityscapes, etc) is going. Every two hours it looks like it uses about 25Gb of bandwidth and this matches my daily Dataplan usage that Xfinity is showing. I've never seen this before and the unit is in my living room so we know it's not been on or anything.

I should add that in looking at the Traffic Analyzer, this started at roughly 11pm last night when we were in bed and continued. Now that I rebooted it looks like it stopped but this is gonna cost me probably $50-60 dollars because it will clearly push me over my data plan, as half got used in one day by Apple (glad I checked). Any way I can bill Apple?

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 7:47 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Apple TV EXTREMELY high bandwidth every two hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.