Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted a software from IMovie

I deleted software from IMovie by accident and now I can't drag or add videos/photos to edit it or put it together. I have tried deleting IMovie and redownloading it, it still won't let me.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 8:25 AM

I'm not sure exactly what you did, but it is possible that you accidentally deleted an essential component of iMovie. Since a redownload did not solve the editing problem, you might benefit from contacting Apple Support. The techs there have the capability of remotely accessing your computer that we cannot do here.  To contact apple support click on the Contact Support item in the upper right hand corner of this forum’s screen.  Navigate to a place where you can enter your phone number.

Before contacting Support, you might try deleting preferences and see if that solves it. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2021 8:25 AM in response to callme_adr1an

I'm not sure exactly what you did, but it is possible that you accidentally deleted an essential component of iMovie. Since a redownload did not solve the editing problem, you might benefit from contacting Apple Support. The techs there have the capability of remotely accessing your computer that we cannot do here.  To contact apple support click on the Contact Support item in the upper right hand corner of this forum’s screen.  Navigate to a place where you can enter your phone number.

Before contacting Support, you might try deleting preferences and see if that solves it. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

Deleted a software from IMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.