You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

watchOS 11 is now available

Introducing sleep apnea notifications, the Vitals app, training load, additional customization for Activity rings, a more personalized Smart Stack, and more. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Heart with circle arrow in middle

When trying to take my heartbeat, my Apple Watch SE gives me a symbol of a heart with a circle arrow in the middle of the heart. What does it mean? I get it often.

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 7

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 8:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 8:32 PM

I’d guess that’s the “retry” icon.

The sensor can have difficulty reading data due to sweat, fit, cold temperatures, tattoos, perfusion, and likely other factors.

For fit and use, see > Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies

Apr 5, 2021 9:14 PM in response to Brandy246

Is that under the Current heading? Can you provide a screenshot of it? When it happens again, press digital crown and then the side button. If you have Siri enabled by digital crown, disable that first.

Many people have asked about this... but it looks like the jury is still out. Here's the basic detail of that feature:

Check your heart rate on Apple Watch

Thanks

Heart with circle arrow in middle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.