Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attach photos with MacBook Pro Big Sur Mail App

Hi.

Can't attach photos

I have had this problem with my Mac Mail App for a few years now.

I try to attach a photo from my photo library, but the problem is that when the window opens where I can browse my photos, it only shows a handful of random photos from my library. So every time I need to send a photo from my photos, I first open my photo album and from there I send photos I want and choose email.

Problem fixed

Last time I contacted Apple support about this, the problem was fixed with me creating a new user to my Mac, and deleting the previous one. So I guess the problem was with the user account. Singning in and out of Apple ID did not help.

Problem came back

Now I noticed that the problems has reoccured. The problem is also with WhatsApp.

With Mac Messages there is no problem and I can attach photos from full library.

Suggestions for a fix

So last time problem was fixed by creating new account. Problem with this solution is, that I have to change all the settings again and it takes a while.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 2:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 5:39 AM

Hello Nikkinen,

If we're understanding you right, you aren't able to view all of your photos when selecting the Photo Browser button in an email message on your Mac. We'd like to see if we can help you resolve this.

You may be experiencing this due to your iCloud Photos settings. Take a look at this support article and see if it fixes the issue for you: If the Media Browser doesn't show your entire Photos library.

Respond back if you need continued support with this.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2021 5:39 AM in response to Nikkinen

Hello Nikkinen,

If we're understanding you right, you aren't able to view all of your photos when selecting the Photo Browser button in an email message on your Mac. We'd like to see if we can help you resolve this.

You may be experiencing this due to your iCloud Photos settings. Take a look at this support article and see if it fixes the issue for you: If the Media Browser doesn't show your entire Photos library.

Respond back if you need continued support with this.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Attach photos with MacBook Pro Big Sur Mail App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.