Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bug: impossible to remove health data from iPhone v14.4.2

Hello community,

I don't want the health app to record health data anymore. I removed all data from the app itself, and all the connections with other apps, incl. the data involved. But still my iPhone tells me there is 1.2 GB (yes, GIGABYTES) space occupied by the health app and there is no button to be found to remove it. Restarting the iPhone didn't help either.

There are several issues here:

1. I can't see the data that is stored by my health app. So I am *NOT* in control what the health app records, against the promise of Apple in this regard. This feels very uncomfortable.
  2. This sheer volume of data is hindering the upgrade to new OS versions. I have not enough space left in my iPhone and therefore upgrading forces me to improvise / troubleshoot.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 8:04 AM

Correct, the health app cannot be deleted.

One way to delete health data is to make an unencrypted backup to iTunes, then restore that backup. Unencrypted backups do not include passwords or health data.

7 replies

Apr 8, 2021 1:15 PM in response to MrHoffman

This problem is still *NOT* solved. What I did:

1. Removed the profile
  2. Created an unencrypted backup to iTunes
  3. Performed a factory reset
  4. Restored the unencrypted backup
  5. Re-installed the profile

After a couple of hours the iPhone reports that Health contains 1.3 GB data. If I look in the app there is zero data?!?!?!

Is there anyone who can explain which data is still there, and -more important- WHY it is still in my iPhone??

Apr 7, 2021 2:14 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks Lawrence,

Unfortunately I cannot make and unencrypted backup, the security administrator of my company installed a profile that only allows to create encrypted backups. I tried that as an alternative, but without relief. I also followed the suggestions made in an earlier reply. All apps that are showed in the Health app report there is no data anymore, but still there is 1.19 GB space occupied.

Are there alternative ways to solve this?

Regards, Frank

Bug: impossible to remove health data from iPhone v14.4.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.