Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Grayed out library music will not play

I have a music library that has over 200 songs that are grayed out with a dotted cloud and the word waiting next to each song. These songs are either from cd's or iTunes purchased.

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 3:49 PM

wwwwes Said:

"Grayed out library music will not play: I have a music library that has over 200 songs that are grayed out with a dotted cloud and the word waiting next to each song. These songs are either from cd's or iTunes purchased."

-------

Approve of the Device:

If things are greyed out, then you may have to re-approve of your device. This commonly occurs after upgrades and installations.

1. Open: iTunes
  2. Go to: Account menu
  3. Hover Over: Authorizations
  4. Select: Authorize This Computer...
  5. Log In: Using your Apple ID credentials
10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2021 3:49 PM in response to wwwwes

wwwwes Said:

"Grayed out library music will not play: I have a music library that has over 200 songs that are grayed out with a dotted cloud and the word waiting next to each song. These songs are either from cd's or iTunes purchased."

-------

Approve of the Device:

If things are greyed out, then you may have to re-approve of your device. This commonly occurs after upgrades and installations.

1. Open: iTunes
  2. Go to: Account menu
  3. Hover Over: Authorizations
  4. Select: Authorize This Computer...
  5. Log In: Using your Apple ID credentials

Apr 6, 2021 5:03 PM in response to wwwwes

wwwwes Said:

"Grayed out library music will not play: I had already done this but I tried again and no improvement."

-------

Contact Apple Support:

Apple will know what to do, and will run you through the fix. Ask the Apple Rep on the phone to perform a screensharing session with you. That way, they can see what is going on firsthand for your perspective.

Apple Support Contact Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Apr 14, 2021 3:51 AM in response to D1n056

D1n056 Said:

"Grayed out library music will not play: I have an iPod Touch 6 that has this problem. I can't find where I can go to the account menu. The iPod is the device with the issue. Things play on my computer iTunes just fine. I've tried re-importing the files into my computer iTunes (since all my music is from CDs) and then re-syncing the iPod. But this didn't help. Suggestions?"

-------

To the OP and All:

Turn off iCloud Music Library and then turn it back on. Perform this a few times.***

***Source: iCloud status waiting??? - Apple Community

Apr 17, 2021 3:32 AM in response to wwwwes

Hi, not sure why I thought this was a device issue rather than a library issue, but see Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. Do you have subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match? Assuming you do is this the original computer you used to create your iCloud Music Library or a new one? Dotted clouds suggest the tracks might be waiting to upload from a different computer.

tt2

Apr 13, 2021 8:44 PM in response to TheLittles

I have an iPod Touch 6 that has this problem. I can't find where I can go to the account menu. The iPod is the device with the issue. Things play on my computer iTunes just fine. I've tried re-importing the files into my computer iTunes (since all my music is from CDs) and then re-syncing the iPod. But this didn't help. Suggestions?

Grayed out library music will not play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.