Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app store not displaying correctly

Two days ago the App Store display changed. I was just checking for updates and got a weird display. I'm running OS 10.13.6 on my iMac and on my powerbook and get the same display on each. I've tried rebooting with extensions off and I've tried creating a new account and trying it from there. I get the same results each time. If I've remembered to attach it, you'll see a picture of what I get when I click the updates tab. I've also tried signing off and back on. Whatever it is, it occurred at the same time on both my computers. Help!

iMac Pro

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 3:05 PM

24 replies

May 15, 2021 6:44 AM in response to ArcAG

same issue, and annoyed. 2013 iMac, that thing was essentially bricked due to a nice little bug that resulted in super slow boots (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252176440), which also corrupted my Airport/ USB HD backup. this is a known issue since BigSur release, but we have seen zero response from Apple. Had to factory reset the iMac, and returned to High Sierra.

Keep going Apple and I am off to LINUX.

OTOH the new iMac comes in pink, and you can personalize it with emojis! 🤦

Apr 7, 2021 11:26 AM in response to mgeller47

Do you have an iPhone? Could you try for a moment using the iPhone's hotspot.

Looking closer at your screenshot, you don't mention it, but it appears that you are using an outdated version of macOS. I'm guessing maybe High Sierra or Mojave, since you can't update to any of the iWork apps.

I doubt that it is an issue for Apple as the current version of the App Store in macOS 11.2.3, Big Sur works fine from here. Apple operates under the expectation that folks are running the most recent versions of its operating system and its apps. Folks running Legacy versions are pretty much on their own.

Apr 7, 2021 12:12 AM in response to mgeller47

For a reason not apparent to anyone here, your App Store isn't currently resolving the HTML for that tab properly.

Try a different wifi network with the lap top.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.2.3; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.3.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.4.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.4.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.3  HomePods, audioOS 14.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Apr 7, 2021 10:33 AM in response to Dah•veed

Unfortunately, I can't get to another wifi and, even if I could, my iMac won't easily move. I forgot to mention that, in addition to the other things I tried, I also tried it on a vanilla 10.13.6 system which is not used for anything, and got the exact same results. And I see I'm not the only one here with this problem, so maybe that's a good thing. APPLE, are you working on this? Thanks.

Apr 26, 2021 8:07 PM in response to Dah•veed

As Original Poster @mgeller47 advised up front, he is running iMac with 10.13.6 - MacOS High Sierra. I am also running an iMac mid-2011 with 10.13.6 - MacOS High Sierra and get the same display problem. This iMac mid-2011 cannot be updated to current MacOS versions, but still runs well in 2021.

So the answer is that the Update section is no longer compatible with 10.13.6.

Annoying, but at least now I know.

Apr 27, 2021 11:14 PM in response to ZorbaTGreek

Same issue on MacBook Pro Mid 2015 running High Sierra ver 10.13.6.

The improper HTML rendering only occurs on the Updates page. The Featured, Top Charts and Purchased pages continue to display as before.

I too can apply eligible update even though the display interface is not properly rendered.

It should not be difficult to correct the code for the Updates page as it was working just a short while ago (long after the release of Big Sur) so there doesn't seem to be a need to change anything for newer systems.

Perhaps this was just an unintended side effect of some site updates which could be easily corrected to return proper function to older systems?

May 12, 2021 12:58 AM in response to DodgerP

It's a shame Apple won't maintain their legacy products a bit longer. It makes the system look poor. I'm running a Mac mini (Mid 2011) and am stuck on High Sierra 10.13.6. Apart from Apple apps (Pages, Numbers, Keynote & Garageband) all other apps from other developers are still compatible, download and work (at least for the time being). I'm tempted by the Mac mini M1 but can't afford it right now. The trouble is by the time I've added the options (16GB and 2TB SSD) the price goes to £1699!

May 25, 2021 7:41 AM in response to rugtop

The folks here are volunteers, not paid Apple tech support. Just regular folks who use Apple products and freely give of their time and experience to appreciative folks having some issues with their kit.

But we don't have to ignore the venting and the threats, we just remember who it was that came here showing disrespect and ignore them. If you think that you can post here with your greasy toupee and your shiny new Apple Support Communities account and act like a jerk because you think that we care about whether you buy a new iPhone this year, you're sadly mistaken.

Jun 8, 2021 12:10 PM in response to Dah•veed

I understand and appreciate you are volunteer and not paid Apple tech support, however because I have looked after my macbook air and have not upgraded to newer models I am now penalised from a software perspective to obtain upgrades to the software. And have no way to get tech support to fix issues on legacy software. Appreciate the frustration and anger as this forum seems to be the only way to raise issues or get help. As you cannot go directly to Apple Support for help

Then to be told by you that Big Sur works just fine and people running legacy versions are on our own is unbelievable. Your statement is very much a slap in the face given I cannot upgrade to it. So understand the response of venting and threats. This doesn't occur on an android computer, only Apple.

So can you answer this - any issues that arise now in legacy software will not ever be fixed by Apple? Its a simple yes or no answer. Would appreciate your response. Thank you

Jun 8, 2021 12:59 PM in response to Dah•veed

I am running OS X El Capitan Vers10.11.6, and I believe I don’t and haven’t for awhile received security updates.

can you tell me how to contact Apple directly? This forum obviously is useless for any help to legacy hardware and software.

And ok I should have used the term windows based computer. I Used the term android to encompass all computers that aren’t Apple, as it doesn’t matter who the manufacturer is - windows will allow any computer to upgrade their software so long as it has the operating capacity. Age of the computer is irrelevant.

thx

Jun 8, 2021 1:33 PM in response to JLFG

Anyone can contact Apple. Apple may charge for tech support for such an out-of-date kit.

Get Support -

https://getsupport.apple.com/

If that is true about Windows, I wouldn't know, then there isn't anything about that OS that is hardware specific. And that may be how Microsoft chooses to operate. The Apple hardware/software relationship is different. If Windows works for someone, then they should follow their joy!

app store not displaying correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.