Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

insert empty shapes

Im using latest version Pages on MPB. How can i insert empty(no fill) shapes by default? If I go Inert, shape, rectangle, for example, I get a filled rectangle. I then have to edit out the fill and rearrange the border. How do I insert w/o have to make those changes every time ? Using trackpad not mouse.

Tks

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 8:04 AM

2 replies

Apr 7, 2021 9:56 AM in response to mrchntmarine

Insert the rectangle shape. It is automatically filled with a black background. Visit the Style menu and set the Fill selector to No Fill. Now you visit the Format menu > Advanced > Create Shape Style. This deposits. your new shape with the transparent background into the Style selector. If you are using the Light Appearance mode, the new transparent background shape will appear in the upper left corner of the shape styles palette:

and if you are the Dark Appearance mode the transparent background shape will be pitch black. In either case, with the default black-filled shape selected, you click this custom style and the current shape will become transparent.

As long as a shape has a non-transparent background, you can visit Format menu > Shapes and Lines > Save to My Shapes.

insert empty shapes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.