Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pen stopped working

Hello, today my pen suddenly stopped working.

I've done everything I could.

The problem seems to be that my pen has some issues (doesn't respond), its battery indicator stuck on 100% and won't go down.

It is connected to the bluetooth and shows that it is getting charged when I plug it to to the ipad.

So the device isn't dead, I hope so..

Anyways my iOS version is 14.4.2

and the pen version is 2.61.00 model number A1603

Please help my studies depends on it

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 12:16 PM

Try a hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

If still no joy, try all of the troubleshooting tips in this Apple Website support article.

Tap on the link below.

Connect Apple Pencil with your iPad - Apple Support

Good Luck to You!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2021 12:16 PM in response to yudavinchi

Try a hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

If still no joy, try all of the troubleshooting tips in this Apple Website support article.

Tap on the link below.

Connect Apple Pencil with your iPad - Apple Support

Good Luck to You!

Apple pen stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.