Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

random tri-tone sound regular times each day with no notification

I have scoured the internet for solutions and have tried all of them. Yes I have looked into each apps notification settings and muted all but the handful I normally use. It sounds at 10:25 am every day. Then every minute for 15 minutes at 12:12pm every day. Then every minute for 15 minutes at 2:12pm every day. Then AGAIN every minute for 15 minutes starting at 4:15pm. EVERY DAY! Nothing shows in the notification center. I have muted all the apps and even deleted a bunch. It used to only be at 4:15 each day but since I've been making all these changes and muting all the apps IT'S GETTING WORSE. The only solution I have is to mute the entire phone during the times I know it's coming, but then I forget to unmute and miss important notifications. HELP ME!

iPhone 8

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 12:45 PM

If you suspect it is some sort of notification you could try:

• in Settings > Sounds & Haptics check and maybe change what action uses tri-tone tone and change to some other so next time it happens you might narrow it down
  • Some apps, e.g. Mail or Calendar allow to have different notification sound per account or task/alert type. Check notification settings for those apps individually.
  • Enable Screen Time, that shows you notification’s stats. You could take a screen shot before and after the tone is played then you could compare both screenshot to see if you can figure what app is the notification for.

It is possible though that some app does play in-app sound when it content/timeline/feed list is refreshed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2021 12:45 PM in response to mushymartin

If you suspect it is some sort of notification you could try:

• in Settings > Sounds & Haptics check and maybe change what action uses tri-tone tone and change to some other so next time it happens you might narrow it down
  • Some apps, e.g. Mail or Calendar allow to have different notification sound per account or task/alert type. Check notification settings for those apps individually.
  • Enable Screen Time, that shows you notification’s stats. You could take a screen shot before and after the tone is played then you could compare both screenshot to see if you can figure what app is the notification for.

It is possible though that some app does play in-app sound when it content/timeline/feed list is refreshed.

random tri-tone sound regular times each day with no notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.