Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Redirecting constantly, Safari can't connect to server, mail issues

I am having a lot of different issues with my MacBook Pro ... it is constantly 'redirecting' me to websites I have no interest in, it now won't connect to websites that I have used for years, and while one of my mail addresses is working fine, anything related to Gmail is not working on the Mac but seems to work on the iPad ... don't know who to go to, and am not 'computer literate' enough to work through the issues myself. Can anyone help at any of the stores?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 2:48 PM

Most of the times, this is due to a proxy server setting applied on your computer.

Check your Network Settings.

1. Open System Preferences.
  2. Go to Network.
  3. In the list, select the network service you use—for example, Ethernet or Wi-Fi
  4. Click Advanced, then click Proxies.
  5. Normally, you should NOT be able to see any 'checked' on that list. Unchecked things that are checked (if there is any).

Hope this helps you out.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2021 2:48 PM in response to Bsybabu

Most of the times, this is due to a proxy server setting applied on your computer.

Check your Network Settings.

1. Open System Preferences.
  2. Go to Network.
  3. In the list, select the network service you use—for example, Ethernet or Wi-Fi
  4. Click Advanced, then click Proxies.
  5. Normally, you should NOT be able to see any 'checked' on that list. Unchecked things that are checked (if there is any).

Hope this helps you out.

Redirecting constantly, Safari can't connect to server, mail issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.