Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to program an area code into my iPhone 8 to preface all local calls while keeping my own cell number which has a different area code.

I have moved from Florida to Ohio. I am keeping my Florida cell phone number (which has an area code from Florida) since most of my contacts use this cell number to reach me. In Ohio the area code is different, of course, which makes me have to punch in the local area code with every local call. Is there a way to make the Ohio one the default area code ?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 6:52 PM

No, sorry. You'll have to enter the 10 digit code for calls in Ohio. Florida will be doing this soon where all local calls will require inputting a 10 digit code as well. You can of course set up contacts for people you call often with the full 10 digit number.

1 reply

How to program an area code into my iPhone 8 to preface all local calls while keeping my own cell number which has a different area code.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.