Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow Down Audio Files in Logic Pro X (without changing pitch)?

In Logic Pro X is it possible to slow down audio files in a very simple way - preferably by typing in something such as "-50%" to slow down the audio by 50% without changing the pitch. I can see that by holding down the option key and dragging the audio file (stretching the audio clip) will slow down the audio (or time stretch the audio) without changing the pitch. However, I'd like something more precise - typing in a percentage would be best or easiest. Is it possible?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 8:07 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Apr 14, 2021 10:14 PM in response to EddieGrey

Also, I want to be clear that this is only affecting playback and not the actual file. This is probably best suited for Post-Production purposes. For example, let's say you record a song and it is a tad bit slow, you can you use Varispeed in Post-Production to speed up the playback of the track and you can then bounce final MASTERS like this if you wish. Saves you the time of having to fix every individual file.

Practically speaking, if you needed to slow down the song to learn or practice part of a song, you could also utilize Varispeed for these reasons as well.

Hope this helps and solves your query,

Eddie G.

Slow Down Audio Files in Logic Pro X (without changing pitch)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.