Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Caller ID shows up with wrong location

Ever since the new update, my phone has incoming calls that always say some city, OK, Canada. The area code is where I live though. But then when I look in my recent calls, it will change to a local city, state number.

I do use the Hiya app to block spam calls but I’m not sure why that would keep having the location be listed as Canadian places.

Anyone else have this issue?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2021 2:20 PM

I think you misunderstood the question. I think this because I have the same problem. Incoming calls. We are talking about incoming calls. Not our caller I.D. The person calling us. I get a call from someone. The caller I.D. for their phone tells my phone the call is coming from Montserrat. I am in the U.S. Other calls the caller I.D. says the call is coming from Canada. I don't answer. When I go to my recents it then says that the caller was unknown or gives a local to me city name. Why is this happening and how do we make it stop. I nearly missed a service person because the caller I.D said Canada. I refused the call twice before finally answering.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2021 2:20 PM in response to Leanne_68

I think you misunderstood the question. I think this because I have the same problem. Incoming calls. We are talking about incoming calls. Not our caller I.D. The person calling us. I get a call from someone. The caller I.D. for their phone tells my phone the call is coming from Montserrat. I am in the U.S. Other calls the caller I.D. says the call is coming from Canada. I don't answer. When I go to my recents it then says that the caller was unknown or gives a local to me city name. Why is this happening and how do we make it stop. I nearly missed a service person because the caller I.D said Canada. I refused the call twice before finally answering.

Apr 8, 2021 2:52 PM in response to jomosierlynn

Hi jomosierlynn,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. Rest assured that we'll do our best to assist you or get you pointed in the right direction.

We understand that your caller ID is showing a different location than expected.

We'd like to walk you through some steps that may resolve the issue, or isolate the issue.

Let's start by updating your iPhone if you haven’t. While it isn't inherently assured that an update will resolve the issue, updating to the latest version of iOS for your device can help isolate potential software issues. Kindly secure a backup and update.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Do you get a prompt to update your carrier settings if you go to Settings > General > About?

You can use the article below as a reference.

Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

If you have apps that are designed to block spam calls, have you had the chance to check if the behavior remains the same if you uninstall these apps?

Please keep us posted.

Take care!

Caller ID shows up with wrong location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.