Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Another storage question

I know this question has been asked so many times before. I’m not sure why it is there such an issue and why is it so complicated that when the iPad gets full to create space. I am paying for monthly storage yet I still have to delete tons of files and even after doing so it still says my iPad is full. Please tell me step-by-step how to fix this it’s so frustrating

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 6:05 AM

First of all, storage in the phone itself has nothing at all to do with iCloud storage. Paying for increased iCloud storage doesn’t help the situation. This should shed some light in the difference between iCloud and device storage.

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

If you are constantly deleting content on the phone and it continues to do no good, you need to find out what is taking up all of the space on the phone.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you still can’t resolve the constant full storage on the phone, it might help to backup the phone, restore to factory settings and then restore the backup.

Backing up the phone.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore to factory settings.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Restore backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2021 6:05 AM in response to mls1972

First of all, storage in the phone itself has nothing at all to do with iCloud storage. Paying for increased iCloud storage doesn’t help the situation. This should shed some light in the difference between iCloud and device storage.

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

If you are constantly deleting content on the phone and it continues to do no good, you need to find out what is taking up all of the space on the phone.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If you still can’t resolve the constant full storage on the phone, it might help to backup the phone, restore to factory settings and then restore the backup.

Backing up the phone.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore to factory settings.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Restore backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Another storage question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.